Our Perception Engineers work closely with Research Engineers, Machine Learning Engineers and Research Scientists on diverse projects including: developing cutting edge algorithms and prototype applications, providing software design and programming support to research projects, designing the computer vision subsystem of our intelligent robots.
At Ascent we are creating a passionate and engaging culture, combining the best of academia and product-led environments, providing a balance of structure and flexibility. Our approach encourages collaboration across all groups within the Research and Engineering teams, leading to creativity and innovative breakthroughs at the forefront of robotic research. As a Research Engineer, you'll have option to work on different fields and will be able to do a mix of research and engineering tasks.
Perception Engineers work on high level scene understanding, contextual awareness, behavior modeling mostly but not only built on top of our lower level computer vision, object detection, etc. systems.
- Provide software design and programming support to research projects
- Report and present software development including status and results clearly and efficiently both internally and externally, verbally and in writing
- Participate in research, internal R&D
- Implement, evaluate and report on algorithms, research papers and studies
- BS/BEng degree in computer science, mathematics, physics, electrical engineering, machine learning or equivalent
- Experienced in C/C++
- Experienced in at least one scripting language such as Lua, Python or Matlab and a desire to learn new programming languages
- Familiarity with software collaboration tools (git, Jira, etc.)
- Good knowledge of algorithm design and ability to interpret research papers
- Experienced with computer vision tools (OpenCV, CNNs, etc.)
- Hands-on experience with modern machine learning software and tools (such as Tensorflow, Caffe, Kubernetes, Docker, Chainer, Ansible, Logstash, etc.)
Plus points for any of the following
- Master's degree in a technical field
- Experience with GPU Programming (CUDA, OpenCL)
- Practical experience with Reinforcement Learning
- Experience with robotics or embedded systems
- Hands-on experience with cloud infrastructure (such as high-end Nvidia devices, Amazon AWS, Google Cloud, etc.)
- Published papers or conference talks in relevant fields
- Contributions to open source projects
- Experience with multiple types of sensors (camera, radar, lidar, IR, spectral, etc.).
- Experience with scene understanding, behavioral modeling
Self-development support, expenses for trips to AI events and gym membership will be provided as benefits.